How To Have Healthy Skin
Because the skin care industry has focused on women, many men don’t know how to have healthy skin. Healthy skin is important because your face is the thing people notice. Attention to your skin will prevent premature aging, sun damage and skin irritations.
To have healthy skin, you will need:
- Facial cleanser
- Vitamin E capsule
- Blotting papers
- Lip balm
- Clean the skin. Because men have larger pores and tend to have oiler skin than women they need to be especially careful to clean their skin. Use a product that is detergent and scent free. This will help to eliminate irritation and drying out your skin.
- Exfoliate. Removing the dead skin cells will improve the surface of your skin and help to reduce clogged pores. Use a gentle product that has rounded scrubbers like micro beads so it cannot damage the skin surface but leaves healthy skin behind.
- Use a moisturizer. Choose a chemical-free produce with a light consistency. Moisturize your face and neck after shaving. Using a strong scented aftershave can irritate your skin.
- Use an intensive treatment. Occasionally put vitamin E (from a broken capsule) onto your face or you can use aloe vera gel. This works well under the eye where the skin is the thinnest and has the least natural oils.
- Remove pollutants. Anyone who is outside gets pollutants on their face. A toner put onto a cotton ball and rubbed over the face can remove the pollutants and close pores.
- Blot away oil. If you skin is extra oily then carry some blotting papers with you and use to them blot up extra oil to get rid of that shine on your face.
- Moisturize lips. Protect lips with a sunscreen. A good lip balm with have a sunscreen and moisturizers as well.
- Wear sunscreen. Exposure to the sun can lead to premature lines and skin problems. Use a sunscreen with at least 15 SPF (sun protection factor).
- Exercise. When you exercise you increase circulation and oxygen to the skin. This keep your
- Get your vitamins and minerals. Eating foods rich in vitamins and minerals improves the health of your skin. Vitamins C and E are especially important for skin.
- Stop smoking and drink less. Smoking leads to aging of the skins including lines, dry skin and less oxygen to the skin cell. Drinking alcohol dehydrates the skin, making it less elastic.
- Reduce stress. Besides other health complications like heart disease, stress affects the health and appearance of your skin and makes healing any skin problems take longer.