Many couples have issues that cause them to seek out a way to have intimacy without sex. It doesn't matter whether there are physical problems or other misunderstandings in the relationship, it is important to continue to work on things, even if sex isn't going to be a factor any time soon. By finding out how to have intimacy without sex, you have the potential to get closer to each other in a completely different way and when and if sex does become a factor again, chances are it will be better than ever.
- Get rid of the pressure. If you want to have intimacy without sex, make sure that both of you are on the same page. If one person is continuing to put them emphasis on sex instead of or in place of intimacy, it might make the situation more difficult.
- Ask her what she is looking for when it comes to intimacy. Intimacy without sex can be tricky because you both may have completely different ideas of what that means. Figure out what she is looking for in place of sex to draw the two of your closer together and give her the feeling that you love her. Remember that the easiest way to find out what she wants is to just ask.
- Find another physical way to show her that you love her. Just because you want to have intimacy without sex, it doesn't mean that you can't have any physical contact. Instead of the usual union, look for opportunities to place your arms around her and just hold her. Hold her hand more often or even just take the time to give her a back rub.
- Create intimate moments. Whether you take her out to do something that she really wants to do, or create a nice dinner at home with the television off, make time for each other. You can sleep in on the weekend and share breakfast in bed, walk hand in hand to a movie that you both want to see, or just hang out cuddled up on the couch together.
- Don't expect anything in return. The key to having intimacy without sex is not looking for anything in return. She will know if you are just doing special things for her because you want her to feel obligated to give something back. When you do the little things for her, without wanting anything back, you are working towards giving her real intimacy.
Finding out how to have intimacy without sex can be a challenge, but it will create a closeness with each other that you may have never experienced before.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.