How To Have A Long Distance Girlfriend
Learning how to have a long distance girlfriend might take some time and patience. You will also have to trust the long distance girlfriend to be faithful and learn to handle long periods of time without companionship. However, once you get the basics down, you can have a happy relationship with a long distance girlfriend.
- Talk it out. Before you start a long distance relationship with your girlfriend, set up the ground rules. Discuss how serious the relationship will be, if you’re able to see other people and when and how you plan to talk and see each other. This will leave little room for miscommunication and bad surprises with your long distance girlfriend.
- Make a plan. A long distance relationship shouldn’t be never-ending. When things start to get serious, have the talk about moving together in the future. Talk about which one of you would move or if you would like to move somewhere new and when you think an appropriate time would be, such as after you finish school. If you have a plan, you’ll be more comfortable with your long distance girlfriend.
- Communicate often. Don’t let a day go by that you don’t talk at least once. It doesn’t always have to be on the phone. You can text, email, chat or even send each other messages on social networking sites. Let your long distance girlfriend know you’re thinking about her and missing her. This will strengthen your relationship and give it a better chance of surviving.
- Visit whenever you can. Schedule regular visits to see each other and then spontaneous visits whenever you can. Appreciate the time you have with your long distance girlfriend and avoid focusing on the moment when you’ll have to part again.
- Don’t avoid conflict. When you’re together, it can be tempting to avoid real relationship talks or any conflict because you just want to appreciate the time. However, this can cause resentment and negative feelings toward your long distance girlfriend. You shouldn’t pick meaningless fights, but when something is really bothering you, speak up.
- Make sure there’s trust. Without trust, your long distance relationship has very little hope of surviving. Trust your girlfriend completely before you start the long distance relationship. If you don’t, you need to decide if it’s really worth it to try.