How To Have Rainy Day Fun
Learn about how to have rainy day fun. The rain can only put a damper on a fun day if you let it. There are so many creative ways to spend a rainy day and have fun while doing it. It does not matter whether you are think about a day with the kids, a hot date with a new girl, or an even hotter date with your wife.
- Have a photo shoot. Grab a solid color blanket and use it has a backdrop, then have everyone done crazy clothes, makeup and hairstyles. Have them model as you shoot pictures with your digital camera. Make an electronic scrapbook to share them with each other or distant grandparents.
- Be prepared for to have rainy day fun by stashing away a few items for when you need them. Stash away a deck of cards, a good board game, and a jigsaw puzzle. You can even stash some crayons and coloring books, or fabric paint and new tee-shirts for adults to get creative with.
- Build a tent in the living room with a blanket and a couple of chairs. Create a cozy place to enjoy cookies and milk with your date or with your kids. Sneak back to your youth and share it with your present.
- Head over to the library. Gather a stack of children's books to read out loud. Your impromptu performance may gather a number of extra children and will get you an A+ from your date.
- No kids around at the library? No problem. Grab a book by Dr. Seuss and take turns trying to read tongue twisters to each other.
- Enjoy sharing the chore of cooking. Cooking as a couple or as a family turns the mundane "What's for supper?" into a creative event all ages will enjoy.
- Go to a second hand store or indoor flea market. Even if you do not spend a penny, you can have fun shopping and checking out everyone's tastes. You may be surprised to learn that your daughter loves green dragons rather than pink dolls.
- Have fun baking up some cookies. Bake two or three different kinds and fix plates to give to elderly neighbors as a surprise.
- Check out a museum. Rainy days are perfect for wandering about a museum. There are many types to choose from including a museum about rattlesnakes in Albuquerque to finding local ones about dinosaurs and art. You may be surprised at what all is available in your area.
- Craft a memory by using whatever you have on hand. It can be as simple as crayons or pencil drawings, or, if you have the materials on hand, use macaroni or beads to make a necklace.
Use these 10 rainy day fun ideas as a springboard for creating your own ideas. The key to rainy day fun is to spend your time together, not buried in a computer game or glued to the television. Enjoy your time together and you have found the key to having rainy day fun.