While you may feel ready for sexual intercourse it is important to learn about how to have sex without getting pregnant so that you can protect yourself and your partner from an unwanted pregnancy. Even if you've had sex in the past it's never too late to learn about how to protect yourself because one accident can become eighteen years of child support payments or becoming a family when you're not ready.
- Condoms. They're simple to use, affordable and are one of the best ways to not only protect yourself from getting a girl pregnant but they also protect against sexually transmitted diseases, something that most other contraceptives do not.
- Oral contraceptives. If your sexual partner is on birth control pills, they are pretty effective at preventing pregnancy. However, it is important to know for sure if she is even if she says that she is taking them. Remember that these do not prevent exposure to STD's. These type of oral contraceptives are included in what is called hormonal methods and also include the patch and the shot.
- Pull-out method. This method means that you remove your penis at the time of your orgasm so you do not expose your partner to your sperm. This is not an effective method at all since there is a chance of sperm entering the body before you pull out or not being able to pull out in time. It's better than nothing but barely.
- Diaphragms and similar methods. Diaphragms, cervical caps and cervical shields are called barrier methods and while they can be pretty effective, nothing is 100% effective except abstinence.
- IUD. An IUD stands for intrauterine device and is implanted into female's body. As with any contraceptive, it can be effective but can fail at preventing pregnancy.
Keep in mind that there are only two ways to prevent getting a girl pregnant and those are abstinence and surgical sterilization. Obviously, if you choose to engage in a sexual relationship and want to play it safe, learn about how to have sex without getting pregnant.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...