How To Heal Bruises Faster
Knowing how to heal bruises faster can make it a little bit easier dealing with a bruise. Bruises are caused by small veins of blood or broken capillaries after a sudden impact. Bruises can be an unpleasant sight to look at, and can sometimes take longer then we would like for them to heal. There are some things that you can do to speed up the healing process to get rid of that annoying bruise once and for all.
- Immediately apply ice to the bruise. Cooling the damaged blood vessels near the bruise will reduce the blood flow to that area. This will help begin to speed up its healing process a little faster.
- Conceal the bruise. Wrap an elastic bandage around the bruise or wear long socks if it in near your ankle and long-sleeved shirts if it is on your arm. This will help to avoid any harmful contact with the bruise and help heal the bruise faster.
- Avoid putting any pressure on the bruise. Elevate the body part that has the bruised area. If it is your leg that is bruised, relax the leg by lifting it up in a reclining chair and for your arm you can lay back and relax on a sofa.
- Drink or apply apple cider vinegar. Either drink a glass of water mixed with apple cider vinegar or apply a towel with apple cider vinegar and water mixed to the bruised area. The vinegar will help clear up the blood pools around the bruise by causing the blood to flow closer towards the surface of your skin and heal the bruise faster.
- Apply heat to the bruise. After 24 hours have passed you can then apply some heat to the bruise. This will help heal the bruise faster by breaking up some of the blood pools around the bruise.