How To Heal Canker Sores
They are annoying, but it is easy to learn how to heal canker sores. There are many over-the-counter remedies available in the pharmacy, but many home remedies work just as well -- or better.
- The simplest way to cure canker sores is to use mouth wash. Mouth wash is formulated to eliminate bacteria in the mouth, and can help to eliminate your canker sores.
- Another simple solution for mouth sores is to use baking soda, and salt water. Mix one table of salt into 8 oz of warm water. Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking and mix well. Rinse with the solution for 30 seconds, before spitting all of the mixture out. This will lower the alkalinity of your mouth, and reduce your oral bacteria.
- Hydrogen peroxide solution can cure your canker sores. Mix one part of natural spring water with one part of hydrogen peroxide solution. Use a cotton swab to apply the mixture to the affected area. Be careful not to swallow, as it can be very harmful, if ingested.
- Milk of magnesia is a simple treatment for canker sores. While milk of magnesia is often taken for upset stomachs, Dab the milk of magnesia on your canker sores three to four times a day. This is a good treatment to take after you try the hydrogen peroxide solution cure from above.
- Liquid antihistamines are good for help drying out canker sores. Liquid antihistamines, such as Benadryl, can be mixed with an equal amount of distilled water, and applied with a sterile cotton swab to the infected area.
Posted on: Oct. 08, 2010