How To Heal Sunburn Faster
Learn about how to heal sunburn faster to get relief from this irritating ailment. Sunburn can run from mild with just a pink glow to the skin to severe where the skin is red and blisters. The use of sunscreen is advised for everyone, but when you forget and get a sunburn, it's good to know how to heal sunburn faster. The itchy, dry skin of sunburn makes you uncomfortable, so get relief to feel better and for the sunburn to heal faster.
To heal sunburn faster, you will need:
- Water to drink
- Cool bath with two cups vinegar or two cups oatmeal
- Aloe vera lotion or gel or aloe vera plant
- Drink plenty of water. It's important to stay hydrated when you have a sunburn. The extra water will help the sunburn heal faster by providing extra moisture from the inside out. In addition to the eight glasses of water that are recommended per day, drink a few more glasses to help your skin heal.
- Take a cool bath with a skin soother. To get instant relief, fill a bathtub with cool water. Add two cups of either white vinegar or oatmeal. These both will soothe the skin and let you get relief from the heat and burn of the sunburn, at least while you're in the bathtub. Soak for at least 30 minutes. Place a cool washcloth dipped in the bath water over your face to ease the pain on your head and face.
- Use aloe vera lotion on your skin. A stalk of aloe vera also works. Just break it open and squeeze the juice out and spread it on the sunburn. Use the aloe vera or the aloe vera lotion or gel on your sunburn once or twice a day.