How To Help Her Eat Healthy Foods
When your significant other is trying to lead a healthy lifestyle, she may need you to show her support, so knowing how to help her eat healthy foods is necessary. By helping her, you will show her that you care—and that can win you some serious points with her.
- Know what type of eating program she is following. There are numerous diet programs today. If you know what diet she is following, you can learn about the diet so you can make meal suggestions that are in line with the program she is following.
- Follow the same diet she is following—at least when you are with her. Even if you don’t want to lose weight, you can still reap health benefits by following a healthy eating program.
- Shop with her. You can help her to make good food choices at the grocery store. Stick to low-fat and low calorie foods. When you do this, don’t purchase foods for yourself that aren’t allowed on her program. You can always head back to the store without her later to pick those up.
- Make it a date. You can score even more points with her by cooking a healthy meal for you and her. Sit down with her, eat and watch a movie or take her out to do something active. If you aren’t much of a cook, take her out to a restaurant that has healthy choices or pick up some food and eat at home.
- Listen to her. An integral part of a healthy eating program is having a support system in place for times when you want to go off the program. Be that support for your woman.
- Encourage her to enjoy her favorite foods in moderation if they aren’t part of a healthy eating program. For example, if she is really craving ice cream one day, have a serving of ice cream with her. Plate up her food for her so you can make sure she is only getting one serving size as stated on the package.