How To Hide The Bow On Your Shoe
Ever wanted to know how to hide the bow on your shoes? Keeping the bow hidden is a growing fashion trend among mainly young men. There are even specific styles of shoes that you can buy where there is no bow at the top of the laces. This style is also easily copied with any pair of tennis shoes.
What you will need to hide the bow on your shoe:
- A pair of shoes with laces and a tongue
- Make sure your shoes are laced well, but leave the very top unlaced. This style can be done on both high-tops and low-tops. It does work better on high-tops. Make sure your shoes are not laced too tight but you will want them to fit snug.
- Make sure the laces run through the tongue. Most shoes have a slit through the tongue so that the laces run through the tongue to help hold it in place. Some people chose to ignore this slit but if you want to hide the bow on your shoes it is essential. If your shoes happen to not have such a slit, you can easily create one. Use a pair of scissors to a slit in the top layer of the tongue about an inch from the top. Then slide the laces through.
- Lace the top holes inwardly. Usually the laces are fed outward on shoes so that they can easily be tied.
- Put your shoes on and re-tighten your laces. Now pull the ends of the laces behind the tongue and tie the bow. You might wish to double them so they aren't so long. Now tuck the bow behind the tongue.