How To Hide Stuff On Myspace
If you don't want everyone in the world to know about your personal life, you need to know how to hide stuff on MySpace. MySpace is a social network that allows people to share pictures and updates about what is going on in their personal lives. By following these simple rules, you can learn how to hide stuff on MySpace.
- Set your MySpace account to private. If you don't want just anyone to be able to look at your MySpace page and information, make sure to set your account to private in the account privacy settings. If your account is set to public, anyone can see everything you have posted.
- Control who can view your profile content. When you are logged into your account, change who can view your profile in the account privacy settings. If you select "Anyone," this means your profile content is open to the public. It is important to hide stuff on MySpace; you never know what information people might find and use against you.
- Don't let people know when you are online. In the account privacy settings, you can uncheck the box where it allows people to know when you are online. This is important, especially if you check your MySpace account while working and you don't want everyone you work with to know that you are doing so.
- Don't let third party services have access to your profile information. Check the box that stops applications and third party services from accessing your profile information. When you play games and use other applications on MySpace, these places can gather your information if you don't have this box checked.
- Block people from checking up on you. This is great for those of us who don't want past loves contacting them. You can block individuals from doing so by clicking "Block User" on their profile. You can also block users by age when trying to hide stuff on MySpace.
- Control what your friends see about you on their status updates. You can choose to update your friends when you do things like join a forum or add new music. Control these setting in the stream settings. It is all up to you and whether or not you want everyone to know everything you do on your profile.
- Make sure to set your pictures and blog to private. You don't just want anyone to have access to your personal blog and pictures. Hide them by making them private. It is not easy to hide stuff on MySpace--that is why you must carefully select the information you post.
- Be selective about who your friends are. Don't be a friend collector, especially if you have information on your profile that you don't want the world to see. Just select friends you completely trust. Sometimes it is your friends you can't trust when you want to hide stuff on MySpace.