How To Hire A Cheap Catering Company
Knowing how to hire a cheap catering company to provide food for a special event can get pricey. To keep costs lows, there are some ways to hire caterers on a budget.
- Talk to family and friends. Often, others who live in the same area you do can provide valuable references to cheap catering companies that are also professional and reliable.
- Call local culinary school or technical schools that offer cooking programs. The students need the practice catering events, and often the school will provide catering at a cost lower than regular catering companies.
- Contact catering companies and see if they are willing to barter if you have something to exchange. For instance, the owner of the catering company could have a kid that needs tutoring in math. If you're a math teacher, you may be able to work something out. Think about your skills and what you could offer, such as providing advertising for the catering company or whatever you do for a living or a hobby that could fit their needs.
- Simplify the menu you're looking for, if possible. Depending on the event being catered, you might be able to have caterers provide a deli platter and fruit and vegetable trays, along with desserts, to keep costs low. Generally, the more options you offer your guest, the more expensive the catering will be.
- Ask local catering companies if there are any times where they cater for cheaper, such as on weekdays or daytime rather than nighttime events. If it's possible to plan your event accordingly, you might be able to save some dough.
Hiring a cheap catering company is possible if you ask around and do your research. Flexibility and creative thinking can also make a difference in your final catering budget.