How To Hit A Golf Ball Straight Every Time
Need to know how to hit a golf ball straight every time? Hitting a golf ball straight is not easy. Many golfers have trouble hitting the golf ball straight on a consistent basis. Many golfers do not pay enough attention to the mechanics of their swing. Therefore, their shot will slice or hook to the left of to the right. Proper mechanics will help all golfers hit the golf ball straight every time.
- To hit a golf ball straight every time, you will need to pick out a good set of golf clubs. This does not mean you have to spend a tremendous amount of money. If you swing for a below average distance, you are better off with women’s clubs or clubs made for senior citizens. If your golf shot is above average, you should buy extra stiff shafts.
- Make sure you have a strong grip on the clubs. Do not grip the clubs too tightly because tenseness will mess up your golf shot. If you are right handed move your hands to the right for strength. If you are left handed move your hands to the left for strength. Do not try to overpower the golf ball. This will put off your golf swing. You want to hit the golf ball straight, but you do not want to try to overpower the golf ball and mess up your swing.
- To hit a golf ball straight every time, you need to stand correctly. Your legs need to be shoulder width apart. Slightly bend your knees. Your body needs to line up straight to your target. You cannot hit a golf ball straight if you are standing crooked. This is common sense, but is often over looked.
- Increase the speed of your swing for distance. Keep the speed of your swing balanced through the complete swing. A balanced swing will consistently help you hit a golf ball straight every time. It is also very smart to keep your eyes on the golf ball at all times. If you move your head, and take your eyes off your swing, you will not hit the golf ball straight.
- Stand straight and swing straight. Do not move any part of your body awkwardly to get more power. Your power comes from the speed of your swing. If you twitch one way, your golf ball will go that way. If you twitch another way, your golf ball will go the other way. Concentrate on keeping your hands tight on the clubs, your body straight, and your swing consistently straight. If you do all these things, you will hit a golf ball straight every time. If you do not pay attention, your golf ball will fly all over the place.