How To Hold A Bowling Ball
By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn abut how to hold a bowling ball. Holding a bowling ball correctly will not only dramatically increase your athletic performance, but will also make playing the game much more enjoyable. For best results when learning how to hold a bowling ball, make sure to start with one that is of the right size for your hand.
- Use both hands to carefully pick up the bowling ball. Rotate it so that the holes are pointing up towards the sky. Examine the holes on the bowling ball. There should be two holes that are relatively close together, and a third that is some distance away.
- Place the ball in your non-dominant hand. Make sure that the holes of the bowling ball are still facing the sky. Bring your arm in close to your body, so that the ball is resting against your abdomen.
- Place the palm of your dominant hand over the holes. Insert your middle and ring finger into the two holes that are close together. Next, insert your thumb into the hole that is farther away from these two. Finally, rest your index and little fingers on the surface of the ball.
- Grip the ball tightly with your thumb and the two other fingers which are positioned in the holes of the bowling ball. In some cases, you may need to pinch your fingers towards your thumb in order to get the best grip.
- Rotate the wrist of your dominant hand, so that the palm is now up-turned with the bowling ball sitting on top of it. Keep your elbow in close to your body, and prepare to roll the ball down the alley towards the pins. Good luck!