You'll wow the crowds with your breakdancing skills once you learn how to hollow back. In order to do a hollow back, you need to be able to do a handstand. If you can't do that, you need to practice until you can. The hollow back is completed by bending your back into a C-shaped curve while keeping your feet off the ground. The hollow back earns its name because when you successfully do it, your back curves so that it resembles a hollow tube.
- Lean forward and place your left hand on the floor. Lift your right leg into the air, then place your right hand on the floor. Kick your left leg up so that you are in a complete handstand.
- Keep your hands a little more than shoulder width apart. Push out your chest from your shoulders and bend your chin down to your chest. Your back should start to curve slightly.
- Start to curve your spine ever so slightly into the hollow back position so that your legs are slowly lowered to the ground. You should move your hands even further apart, so that you can retain your balance.
- Continue to curve your back until your feet hit the ground. Uncurl your back to return to a standing position.
- Go back into a handstand by leaning forward onto your hands and kicking your legs up. Move your hands so that they are more than shoulder width apart. Push out your chest again and begin to curve your back.
- Bend your legs at the knee and keep them elevated off the ground. Cross your right ankle over your left knee. Your left calf should stick out.
- Bend your spine into the hollow back again, curving your back until your left foot hits the floor. Uncurl your back until you are standing again.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.