Do you want to learn how to hook up a car stereo system? The first thing to do when looking to install a new stereo system in a car is to understand the basic components of the stereo system as well as the basic components of the car’s wiring.
- The four main elements to consider are the subwoofers, the speakers, the amplifiers and the head unit; if you know how these things work and how they are wired, then you should have little problem in installing the system.
- The head unit is the brain of the entire system; it is what everything else connects to. Making sure it is in good shape is stereo-system 101.
- When looking to wire the head unit, each of the wires should be connected progressively in a certain order. Some cars do not have amplifiers or subwoofers, so the first things to connect are the speakers. The speakers are the basic sound projecting apparatuses, so they must be connected for the head unit to be any good. Once these are connected, then any optional external devices may then be hooked up. Install the wiring on the subwoofers and the amplifiers, if they have them.
- Once all of the wiring has been settled, installing the head unit into its resting position is the last thing that you should do. In some cases, this can even be done before the wiring, but for the most part, it should be saved until last. Make sure that no wires are crossed or split so that no internal electrical problems damage the stereo or run the battery down when the car is not running.
- The biggest issue that people have when trying to install a stereo system is faulty wiring. This can be avoided with just a little extra care taken. Once the head unit is wired and installed, make sure that it works by turning on the car and testing the system. If everything checks out, then the system should be good to go. If any problems arise, you might consider consulting a professional.
Even the smallest problem can result in severe damage to both the car and the stereo system. What is most important is that the wires are set correctly. If you do not know how to determine this, it can be hazardous to your safety.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …