How To Hook Up A Car Stereo
Need to know how to hook up a car stereo? With the costs of going to a skilled technician, hooking up your own car stereo will save you more than a few dollars. Hooking up a car stereo takes patience, but with this tutorial, you will be listening to your favorite artists in no time.
- In order to hook up a car stereo, you need to have one to hook up. Head to your local car electronics store to get a good stereo that will work with your vehicle. You will need to take into account the make and model of your car before purchasing the car stereo. Car stereos are not created the same size. The last thing you want is a car stereo that will not fit into your deck without some major banging. Also, purchase a car stereo kit.
- Disassemble the dash for your car and disconnect. In order to disassemble the dash, refer to your owner's manual for your car. It is important to take note of how you disassemble the dash. You will have to reassemble the dash in the reverse order.
- Disconnect the car's battery. Using a crescent wrench, remove the battery cables from the battery. Doing so will ensure that you are not working with live electricity.
- Put in the connector's harness and connect the stereo's wires. The car stereo should have a diagram showing where to connect the wires. Be sure to connect the car stereo's power cable to the power source correctly. The diagram should indicate which wire is the power cable.
- Reassemble the dash. After hooking up the car stereo, you need to reassemble the dash in the reverse order that you removed it. You should not have any spare parts when you finish.
Now that you have hooked up your car stereo, test it out. If you followed the diagram included with the car stereo, your stereo should work perfectly.