Learn how to hook up a Pioneer car stereo and connect it yourself. Hooking up a Pioneer car stereo is a fairly easy process that generally does not require any tools. Making the decision to hook Pioneer car stereo will not only save you money but provide a valuable experience for any car owner. Generally you will need to remove the existing stereo and use a wire harness to connect the new Pioneer car stereo.
- Screwdriver set including Hex
- Small flathead screw driver or pry bar
- Remove the old car stereo. Remove the old car stereo by first exposing the car stereo. Remove any mounting brackets or screws. Disconnect the wiring harness and pull the car stereo loose.
- Wire the Pioneer car stereo. Using a wiring harness or wiring diagram in the user guide, wire the Pioneer car stereo. Using a wiring harness is recommended and will greatly speed up the process. Match all the wires to their designated pairs in the vehicle and secure them with fasteners, heat fasteners or with electrical tape.
- Secure the car stereo. Using any mounting brackets or screws, secure your Pioneer car stereo into your vehicle. Replace any dashboard pieces and screws that were removed during the installation of the car stereo.
Tips: For specific information on removing your car stereo consult your user manual. Pioneer car stereo wiring harnesses can be ordered online or purchased at most major automotive stores. A Pioneer car stereo can be connected without a wiring harness, consult the wiring diagram that came with the car stereo.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…