How To Hook Up Subwoofers
Learn how to hook up subwoofers and change your music and TV listening experience significantly. If you have an stereo, audio receiver, or home theater receiver, it shouldn't take long before you are ready to experience enhanced audio. You may need one of these devices to use your subwoofer if you don't already have one. Follow these steps to learn about how to hook up subwoofers
What you will need:
- speaker wire
- speaker wire connectors
- wire cutter
- wire stripper
- Find a good location for your subwoofer. Some common locations are under the television or in a corner of a room. Both locations can work well if the subwoofer is to be used with a home theater or television. If it is to be used with a stereo, you can simply position it near the listening area.
- On the device that will be the source of the audio for the subwoofer, determine whether or not there is a subwoofer output. If there is not, you should consider purchasing a audio receiver that can separate the audio channels and give an output for the subwoofer.
- Look at the output on the audio source and the input on the subwoofer. If they are not the same type, you will need to attach a different connector to one of these devices.
- For attaching a new connector, use a wire stripper to remove a small length of the cable covering. Attach the wires to a new connector.
- Run the audio cable from the subwoofer output on the audio source to the input on the subwoofer.
- Test the setup by playing some music. Enjoy your subwoofer.