Need to know how to hook up surround sound? Hooking up surround sound and using it can be a lot of fun. It is a great way to enjoy movies, especially when complimented with a large screen TV. If you just bought a surround sound system, then you might need to know how to hook it up. There are a lot of different configurations and ways that you can buy surround sound. The way surround sound works is by having at least two front side speakers, a center speaker, and at least two rear side speakers. You may have additional surround speakers and possibly a subwoofer. The following steps should apply to most situations. Follow these steps to set up surround sound.
What you will need:
- Home theater in a box or a set of speakers and an audio receiver/amplifier
- Speaker cable
- Mounts or stands if needed
- Plan out the location of your speakers. The center speaker should be above or below the TV. Two speakers should be to the left and right of the TV. At least two rear speakers will be behind the audience. The subwoofer can be near the TV if you have one.
- Make sure you have enough speaker wire by measuring out the lengths that will be installed.
- You can begin by mounting or placing the speakers in the positions you want.
- If you are wall mounting speakers, you will want to make sure that you can run cable to the audio receiver through the walls or ceiling. Drill a hole behind where the speaker will be mounted and run cable between the location of the audio receiver and the speakers.
- Attach the speakers to the wall using mounts and a screwdriver if you are using them. You may also want to place them on stands.
- Attach the speaker wires to the audio receiver. Make sure that you connect the correct cables to the correct connections.
- Test your surround sound system. Make sure all of the speakers are working. They may not always output sound on all speakers, so if you can, set the receiver to an output that will output to all speakers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)