How To Hook Up Xbox Live
Want to learn how to hook up Xbox Live? Look no further! Xbox Live is a huge network of Microsoft gamers around the world who share videos, play games, and just sit and chat on the service's impressive system. You can hook up Xbox Live to your gaming console, computer (stylized as "Windows Live"), and even to your Xbox Marketplace account! Below, we will go over the necessary steps when hooking up your new Xbox Live connection.
To hook up Xbox Live, you'll need the following:
- Microsoft Xbox 360 console
- Xbox 360 controller
- Xbox 360 power cables (come in package)
- Mode of connection (An Ethernet cable/wireless adapter will do)
- Internet Service Provider subscription
- Router (optional)
- Credit Card
- Audio/video jacks (come in package)
- Connect your Xbox 360! In order to get connected to the famous Xbox Live, you console will need to have access to the Internet. You can simply connect an Ethernet cable into the back of your console and then plug that into your modem/router. If you have the money, an official Xbox wireless adapter can be plugged into the back of your 360. The Wireless adapter comes with a CD and instructions as to how it needs to be configured.
- Plug in the Xbox. Your 360 isn't going to make its own power. The various colored "jacks" that came with your console are plugged into the appropriate HDMI input (or "regular input" if your television isn't High-Defintion) plugs on the back of the TV. The power cable is separated into two parts; connect both parts and plug them in their respective slots (one in the wall, one in the Xbox).
- Turn on your console. Hold down the "X" on your controller or press the big "On" switch on the Xbox 360 to boot it up. The system will probably want to do some updating since it it now connected to the Internet (especially if it's been sitting around for a while).
- Sign up for Xbox Live! Through Microsoft Xbox Live you will be able to connect with friends all around the globe and play with them in your favorite games. The service isn't cheap though, so visit Microsoft Xbox Live's website if you have any questions concerning price. You can purchase a Gold Membership through your Xbox console simply by entering your credit card information and submitting it.
- Enjoy. The simplicity of Xbox Live is what makes it so beautiful. Just connect to the Internet, pay the (somewhat hefty) price, and have a blast with the best online gaming you've ever seen!
Hopefully you've learned a thing or two about Microsoft Xbox Live along the way to finalizing the configuration on your console. Once you hook up Xbox Live, you'll be wanting to help your friends get online too!