Wondering how to host a Texas Hold 'Em party? You've come to the right place. We'll make sure that whether you're hosting a bunch of people for a home tournament or just a few friends for a poker night, you'll know how to host a Texas Hold 'Em party that will keep your friends coming back (and maybe even make a little money along the way). Here's how to get started:
- Make sure you have your supplies. If you are the one holding the party, you should be responsible for providing the felt or a table (or tables), plenty of decks of cards with the Jokers removed, and enough poker chips for everyone. If you are not providing the refreshments, make sure everyone coming knows what to bring. No one wants to go to a Texas Hold 'Em party without beer, booze, and snacks.
- If you can, hire a dealer. If you are holding a tournament at your house or playing for more than just pocket change, it is a good idea to hire a dealer from a local casino or card room. They know the rules and can keep the game moving. You can pay the dealer by collecting a rake (a portion of each pot). The rake can also be used to pay for refreshments if it's up to you to provide.
- If you don't hire a dealer, make the "house rules" clear before you begin. As there are many variations on how to host a Texas Hold 'Em party, it is important to make sure the rules are clear before play starts. That way, there will be fewer arguments and everyone can just enjoy playing without wondering whether or not there will be side pots allowed or how long a player has to decide whether or not to call a bet.
- Have plenty of change on hand. If you are playing a cash game instead of a tournament, have plenty of change on hand so people can cash out when they like. Set a rule for cashing out (like having to announce someone is going to cash out one round before he does) before play starts.
- Have fun. This is something people often forget when thinking about how to host a Texas Hold 'Em party. After all, it's just a game.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.