How To Hunt Rabbit
Every hunter should know how to hunt rabbit. It can be a very fun experience for anyone and only basic hunting knowledge his required.
- Get to the point. Camouflage, game calls and scent masks are not necessary when it comes to hunting rabbit. Sharp reflexes and great marksmanship with a firearm is a plus.
- Follow all game laws. Abiding by your local and state rabbit hunting laws are vital. Every state has its own regulations as to the bag and possession limits. Educate yourself before heading out into the field.
- The method is up to you. Some hunters prefer dogs to flush rabbits from their hiding spots, while others choose to simply stalk on their own. If you use a dog, make sure she's trained.
- Pick your weapon. If you're a great shot, a .22 caliber rim-fire rifle is fun to use. If you're a not-so-great shot, a shotgun will be your best choice. Rabbits are usually shot while running away, so the more pellets to find the mark, the better.
- Rabbits like the thick stuff. A key factor in knowing how to hunt rabbit is their habitat. They love to lurk in tall grass, thick foliage, and deep ditches. Always have your weapon at the ready position. Rabbits are fast and blend in with their surroundings.
Knowing how to hunt rabbit is a fun outdoor sport every hunter should take advantage of. It will help sharpen your hunting and shooting skills. Rabbits also offer great meat for eating the next time you decide to whip up some dumplings.