We all love to play drinking games occasionally, but if Kings or Beer Pong has gotten a little dry, try learning these How I Met Your Mother drinking game rules.
- Drink once to the following:
- Robin says "literally"
- Barney uses a pick up line
- Anyone says "awesome"
- Barney says "classic"
- Barney says "legendary"
- Barney says "suit up"
- Lily is around or talking about her kindergarten class
2. Drink Twice to the following:
- Barney does magic
- Anyone says "Have you met…"
- Barney says "Ha, please"
- Barney makes someone do a fist bump or high five
- Marshall says "Lawyered"
- Barney says "daddy's home
- There is a flashback
- Ted does voiceover
- Anytime the Fiero is mentioned
- Marshall sings about anything (except for things he currently doing while singing).
3. Drink three times to the following:
- Barney asks for a prop to complete a gimmick
- Barney calls himself Ted's best friend
- Anytime a limousine/cab driver is called by name
- Ted corrects someone
- Robin mentions something Canadian
- Barney mentions his blog
- Marshall sings about what he is doing
- Barney says "…wait for it…"
- Barney says "What's up?"
4. Finish your drink to the following:
- Barney rips on Canada
- Telepathic conversation
- Ted says " How I Met Your Mother"
- Any mention of a slap bet
- Marshall plays an instrument to accompany his singing
- Ted makes a "Star Wars" reference
Alternate How I Met Your Mother Drinking Game Rules
- There is a flashback
- Says "Have you met…"
- Says "Awesome"
- Reveals a secret
- Gives someone a disapproving look
- Meddles in someone else's life
- References Canada or anything related to being Canadian
- Says "Literally"
- Says "Mother"
- Does a voiceover
- Says "Daddy's home"
- Says "Suit up"
- Does magic
- Makes someone do a high five
- Says "Legendary"
- Says "Lawyered"
Have fun with the game and remember that the How I Met Your Mother drinking game rules are flexible, so feel free to add your own rules to the list.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.