How To Impersonate Voices
Here are some basic steps to learn how to impersonate voices. Many people wish they had what it takes to be able to impersonate voices. You do need to have a good ear and a good tone to make your voice unique. Patience and persistence is a must as your learn and master different voices, as this can be quit challenging. Being able to impersonate voices is a fun and entertaining talent that some people even use to make a living.
- Find voices you want to impersonate. Choose people with unique voices to impersonate that have easily recognizable voices that most people can identify. Consider sports figures, celebrity actor and singers, and even presidents. Make sure that the range in your voice is able to handle the sound of the voices you choose to impersonate.
- Listen to recording of voices. Obtain recordings of the public figures and celebrities that you are learning how to impersonate. Watch video tapes if possible to help to earn mannerisms. This will help you to get in the mood for that person you are trying to impersonate. Listen for inflections and tones in the way they say specific words and phrases.
- Consistently practice. Learning how to impersonate voices takes repetitive practice and patience. Try more than one voice out to determine which one sounds the most authentic and fits your voice the best. Record your impersonations and listen to them do determine what you need to work on in order to improve your impersonation. Practice in front of family and friends.
- Write some material to get additional practice. Put together a routine or an act to showcase your impersonated voice. Take classes or go to workshops that can help you to develop more skills and help you with comedy writing.
- Perform at an open mike night. Contact comedy clubs in your area to find out when open mike nights are. This will give you a chance to try out your material and see how you perform in front of a live audience and see how they react.