How To Improve Ball Handling In Basketball
Need to know how to improve ball handling in basketball? To improve your ball handling in basketball it will take practice. Dribbling the basketball is one of the most important offensive skills that you can learn to do. No matter what position you play on the floor, you will need to be a good ball handler. There are a number of drills that you can do to improve your ball handling in basketball.
To improve ball handling in basketball, you will need:
- Two basketballs
- A space to dribble
- Practice dribbling the ball simultaneously in each hand. Stand at one end of the court. Hold a basketball in each hand. Walk forward toward the opposite baseline, bouncing the ball in your right hand first. As soon as the ball in your right hand has hit the floor, bounce the other ball with your left hand. Now dribble the ball in your left hand. Continue this all the way down to the other baseline.
- Do the ‘around the world’ ball handling drill. Circle the ball around your head, then around your waist, and finally put your legs together and take the ball around both knees. Continue this movement for 30 seconds. This drill will work on hand speed and hand coordination.
- Practice the ‘scissors drill’. Put your right foot ahead of your left food and bounce the ball between your legs from your left to your right hand. As the ball gets to your right hand shift your feet so that your left leg goes ahead of your right and bounce the ball back between your legs. Switch your feet with every bounce.
- Do a stationary figure 8 drill. Spread your legs and bend at the waist. Pass the ball through your legs, around your right leg, back through your legs, and around left leg. You will be making a figure eight. Continue this for 30 seconds. Try and increase the speed that you are moving the ball as you get used to doing this drill.
- Repeat the above drills everyday. This will help you improve your ball handling.