How To Improve Blood Circulation Naturally
When learning how to improve blood circulation naturally, it is important to know that our blood keeps us alive and helps our bodily organs to function. Poor blood circulation can be caused by various conditions, including diabetes, arthritis, obesity, lack of exercise or smoking. Read on to learn how to improve blood circulation naturally and in a safe manner.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet. A healthy meal plan will promote blood circulation and keep the heart healthy and functioning properly. Diets rich in vegetables, fruits, fish, poultry and whole grains are the ideal way to naturally improve blood circulation. Be sure to limit your intake of sugar, sodium, caffeine and alcohol as well.
- Drink plenty of water. Increasing water intake and drinking at least eight ounces a day will keep your blood circulation functioning properly. Water is an important component of the body and will keep you healthy as well.
- Add citrate to your diet. The easiest way to do this is to drink more lemonade. Lemonade contains the ingredient known as citrate, which is very good for blood circulation.
- Exercise. Physical activity is very important for blood circulation, and for remaining fit and healthy as well. It also keeps the heart pumping and gets your blood moving and flowing. It doesn't really matter what type of exercise you participate in, but examples would be running, swimming, walking and dancing.
- Apply heat to the body. Using heat therapy will improve blood circulation naturally. The best way to do this is to use hot packs, hot water bottles or heating pads if you have pain anywhere on the body and to help with circulation.
- Get a foot massage. Getting your feet massaged regularly will increase blood flow to the entire body. It is relaxing as well.
- Take a multivitamin daily. Taking the proper vitamins will ensure that you receive the minerals and vitamins needed to keep your blood circulating at a healthy level.