How To Improve Sex Drive
There are ways to improve your sex drive if your interest in sex has been waning. Low sex drive can have a variety of causes and may be from physical or emotional causes, or a combination.
- Get enough sleep. It's hard to feel in the mood if you're constantly tired.
- Exercise. Working out can make you feel better about yourself, which may make you feel sexier. Exercise also improves circulation, and good circulation can improve sexual function.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol. A drink or two might make you feel more romantic, but excessive use, especially long-term, can be a sex drive killer.
- Reduce stress. People are often not in the mood when they are worried about something. It's also hard to find time for sex when you are stressed by many responsibilities.
- Communicate with the other person. Sometimes people have a lower sex drive when they feel angry or disconnected from their partner. Spending time together and remembering what you liked about them in the first place can help, as can talking out differences.
- Schedule time for sex. It may not seem romantic to do this, but if you know when it's going to happen it gives you time to think about it and look forward to the time together.
- Experiment. Sometimes a low sex drive is due to boredom. Trying different positions or places to have sex, or experimenting with sex toys may improve sex drive.
Having a low sex drive from time to time is not uncommon and can be improved. If a low sex drive continues for a long period of time or is severe, consider talking to your doctor about it. An underlying medical condition may be contributing to the problem.