How To Improve Voice
There are many ways that you can do in learning how to improve your voice. Whether you want to improve voice to sing better or to modulate it whenever you speak, you need to learn how to perform the proper exercise and training to improve your voice.
- Keep your throat and voice healthy. Perform some humming sound daily for about ten minute period. This is a good way to improve voice by developing a good base voice and to increase voicing stamina.
- Learn to relax. Tensed muscles can affect the sound of your voice. Avoid feeling tensed when speaking or singing and prevent your shoulders from assuming a hunched position. Forcing your chest upward when inhaling can actually restrict the airflow that effects the sound of your voice. Relaxing your body can help you improve your voice to sound more natural.
- Control your breathing. As you inhale, try to move your stomach up to allow the air to fill the lungs. Bring it down as you exhale using your diaphragm to get better control of your voice.
- Hit the high notes with proper body movement. At the instance that you find your voice singing flat while singing a high note, try to raise your arms a bit higher and turn face up slightly. If you are singing a bit too high, try to lower the arms and open your mouth slowly by moving the jaw downward. Take note not to move the chin close towards the neck, as this can constrict the air flow that will affect your voice.
- Practice the proper movement of tongue and mouth when singing or speaking. To obtain a fuller voice, open the mouth wide while keeping the muscles of the jaw and mouth relaxed. Try to maintain your tongue’s position forward, just behind the lower teeth, to give more clearance to allow the throat to relax. Articulate words using the tongue muscles and the muscles controlling the lips to shape the sound to help improve voice better.