How To Improve Your Speaking Voice
Need to know how to improve your speaking voice? Obviously speakers need to have a good speaking voice to be able to become good public speakers. If you're looking to improve your speaking voice than you should have already determined what your speaking voice lacks. Here, some steps will be given to help you improve your speaking voice.
- Don't forget to breathe. When trying to improve your speaking voice, breathe deeply. This will help replenish the amount of air you need when you are speaking. This also prevents odd changes in your voice. When you are low on air, your voice tends to change slightly.
- Speak at the right volume. This is a crucial step to improving your speaking voice. Monitor your speaking volume to make sure that you don't speak too loudly or too quietly. You don't want to sound like you're yelling but you also don't want to sound like you are mumbling. A great way to see if you speak at a good volume is to record yourself.
- Don't talk too fast or slow. This is also very important. Talking too fast would cause people to not understand you. However, talking too slowly can also cause some problems for you and the audience. Instead, speak at conversation speed, maybe even a little slower than that. A good way to find out if you're talking at a good speed is to ask other people for their opinion.
- Check your pitch. Make sure that you don't talk at too low of a pitch. However, you also don't want to sound extremely high pitched either. Try talking at conversation level pitch.
- Be a little casual. To sum it up, you'd want to sound the way you talk to your friends. This doesn't mean cracking jokes during speeches. Try speaking at conversation level volume, moderate speed, etc.