The past is always making a comeback, whether it's music or trends, which is why it's good to know how to incorporate '60s and '70s in a wardrobe. The '60s and '70s are decades with unmistakable trends. There are a few key pieces that you can incorporate into your wardrobe to give it that retro vibe. If you don't want to look like you are still living in that era, then you can just incorporate a few of these pieces into your wardrobe at a time to prevent retro overkill.
- Peace. The peace sign was a huge symbol of the '60s and '70s. And with the comeback of these trends, it wont be difficult to find peace signs on clothing. If you want to incorporate '60s and '70s style into your wardrobe, this is one of the best places to start. After all, the '60s were all about peace, love and rock n' roll.
- Bell Bottom Pants. Undoubtedly the most popular pants of that era, bell bottom pants are an essential piece to incorporate into your '60s and '70s wardrobe. There are varying styles, from a slight flare to the exaggerated loon pants.
- Shoes. Platform shoes were owned by men and women alike in the '60s and '70s and are a great addition to any retro wardrobe. They give more of a disco vibe when incorporated in a '60s and '70s wardrobe. A more hippie option is a leather thong sandal.
- Fringe. Fringe was popular in the '60s and '70s and would thus be incorporated into this kind of wardrobe. The fringe can be on a vest, shoe, bag, shirt, pants, anywhere!
- Color. Color is important to incorporate in a '60s and '70s wardrobe. Bright colors were everywhere, including patterns such as paisley and tie-dye. And of course you can't forget the flower power.
- Accessories. There are lots of different accessories that can incorporate '60s and '70s into your wardrobe. These include scarves, bandanas, vests, belts, sunglasses and more. Remember that, when incorporating '60s and '70s into your wardrobe, you should combine some of these tips. For example, a vest with leather fringe and a tie-dye peace sign on it would be a great idea!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.