Learn how to increase gas mileage for your '08 Subaru and your wallet will thank you. With gas prices exceeding $3.00 per gallon in certain areas of the country, increasing you gas mileage will help you save a good amount of money. Increasing fuel economy will also reduce your carbon footprint.
- Lighten the load. Increased weight means increased gas usage. Your Subaru Tribeca will be wasting gas if you are hauling around unneeded items. Check your trunk to make sure that you don’t have any unnecessary items.
- Keep the motor off. If you are waiting at long traffic lights, turn the engine off. This will save gas by keeping the motor from needlessly running. You can still leave your radio and air conditioning on.
- Use neutral. When you are coasting down gentle inclines or coming towards stop lights, put your transmission in the “N” position. By allowing your car to coast, you are keeping your engine RPM’s (Revolutions Per Minute) at a minimum.
- Combine your trips. The 08 Subaru Tribeca will operate efficiently when the vehicle has reached optimum engine temperature. When you make small trips, each new trip will require time for the engine to properly warm up.
- Don’t idle the engine. If you run inside the house or store always shut your car off. Do not put the car in park and keep the engine on. This will waste gas in your Subaru Tribeca.
- Lay off the accelerator pedal. Gently brining the vehicle to speed will be better for your gas mileage. Mashing on the accelerator pedal is one of the worst things you can do for your mileage.
Following these simple steps can result in a dramatic savings in fuel and money for your Subara Tribeca. Saving gas will also help you reduce your overall carbon footprint. This means you can help our Earth by conserving resources.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.