This article can give you some insight into how to increase Mazda RX-8 horsepower. The Mazda RX-8 is a very unique vehicle because of its Renesis rotary engine design. Unlike traditional internal combustion engines that use cylinders to turn the engine, the rotary engine uses a circular plate to turn the camshaft. In turn this reduces the power that is lost during the up and down transition that a normal cylinder must make, providing extremely efficient engine power.
To increase your Mazda RX-8 horsepower, you will need:
- An RX-8 performance chip
- An RX-8 cat-back exhaust system
- An RX-8 cool air intake system
- A turbocharger kit for the RX-8
- Replace the computer chip for your Mazda RX-8. This is one of the most basic upgrades that you can make to any vehicle. Replacing a computer chip fine-tunes all of the electronic operations on the vehicle for ultimate efficiency and power and can give you a small increase in horsepower and speed.
- Free up the exhaust. It's a general rule that more free-flowing exhaust means the vehicle has more power. The same applies to the Mazda RX-8. The faster that you can remove exhaust from your engine, the more horsepower it can produce.
- Free up the intake air. Much like exhaust, a more free-flowing intake also increases a vehicle's horsepower by a noticeable margin. This is especially true for the RX-8 since the engine's peak horsepower comes from high revs.
- Bolt on a turbocharger. Instead of bothering upgrading the intake and exhaust of your Mazda RX-8, you can bolt on a turbo charger. Forced air induction, like a turbo charger, will give you more horsepower for your money than any other addition to your RX-8. Note that running high compression ratios with a turbo installed can wear out your vehicle faster since the engineers didn't design the RX-8 with a turbo in mind. Consider finding another car for use as your everyday driving vehicle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.