If you are wondering how to increase Mazda RX-8 horsepower, then this article will point you in the correct direction. The Mazda RX-8 is a very different kind of car, and that's not just because it looks like it's from the future. The Mazda RX-8 engine is a special design that very few vehicle manufacturers have used before. It's called a Wankel Rotary engine. Instead of having cylinders, the RX-8 engine has a plate that spins inside the combustion chamber. Three plugs fire the plate in a circle, resulting in no loss of energy like with a standard cylinder engine.
To increase Mazda RX-8 horsepower, you will need:
- Aluminum RX-8 engine components
- A cold air intake
- A supercharger or turbocharger
- Make the engine parts lighter. Although Mazda has done a fairly good job of this, replacing certain engine parts with lightweight aluminum parts can increase the horsepower of your RX-8. Search for performance parts to fit your RX-8.
- Cool the intake air. Installing a cold air intake can allow a richer, colder fuel and air mixture to enter the combustion chamber, creating more power. It is easy to install a cold air intake and you will have a noticeable horsepower increase, not to mention a nicer sound, when you punch the gas.
- Force more air into the cylinder. If you want to see a tremendous increase in RX-8 horsepower, then you need to turbo-charge or supercharge your engine. Each forced air induction system has its advantages and disadvantages. A turbo will make your engine last longer, but you will gain much more off the line torque and horsepower with a supercharger. The only drawback with either one of these upgrades is the hefty price tag and excessive wear and tear to your Mazda RX-8.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.