How To Increase Sperm Production
Do you want to know how to increase your sperm production? Increasing sperm production is a common desire among most men. A big reason men wish to increase their sperm production is to increase their fertility. Having low sperm production can be the result of many variables. Male fertility is quite complex. Low sperm production can be frustrating if you and your partner are trying to conceive. Take a look at these steps–they can help increase your sperm production.
To increase sperm production, you will need:
- Change of diet
- A daily multivitamin
- Loose fitting underwear
Change your eating habits. Try to eat more of fruits and vegetables, they are loaded with antioxidants. You can get your daily dose of zinc by eating these foods: oysters, meats such as lamb, pork, beef, poultry, beans, nuts, and sunflower and pumpkin seeds. A zinc deficiency can lead to lower fertility. Also, try eating tomatoes. They contain lycopene, which can increase sperm count.
- Start taking a daily multivitamin or supplement. Multivitamins and supplement can provide your body with selenium, zinc and folic acid. These nutrients are important if you want optimal sperm production. Taking a multivitamin or supplement is one of the easiest ways to help out your sperm count.
- Exercise on a regular basis. Exercise can help reduce the stress hormones that damage your sperm. It can also help you stay fit. Both reducing stress and getting in shape will help increase your sperm production. Some great, stress-reducing exercises are yoga, tai chi, and meditation.
- Be conscious of your weight. Too much body fat or too little body fat can disrupt the production of your reproductive hormones. This can cause your sperm count to be less as well as increase your chance of having abnormal sperm production. Exercise can help you stay at a healthy weight.
- Stay away from toxins such as drugs, and nicotine and refrain from putting them into your body. Also, refrain from drinking alcohol excessively. This can lower your sperm count as well. Alcohol can affect the function of your liver, which causes a rise in your estrogen levels. Try to limit the amount of alcoholic beverages you have to one or two per day.
- Keep your testicles away from heat as much as possible. This includes spas, hot baths, saunas, and tight fitting underwear. The heat can have a negative toll on your sperm production. Try switching to looser fitting underwear. Switching to looser fitting underwear will ensure a very free and cool environment for your sperm. Don't sit for a long period of time. Prolonged sitting can all increase the temperature of your testicles.
- Try to avoid lubricants while you have sex. Lubricants, lotions, even saliva, can interfere with your sperm's mobility. Using vegetable-oil-based lubricants are fine to use during sex.
Tips: Over-exercising can affect your sperm count negatively. Try to avoid any exercises that can impact or stress your testicles.