Learn how to increase testosterone without medication to slow the signs of aging and regain strength and vitality. Testosterone levels can vary from 350 to 1,000 nanograms per deciliter in the bloodstream. Whatever the level, testosterone begins declining around the age of 40, causing many of the effects commonly associated with aging. You can slow down this process by taking steps to increase testosterone without medication.
- Lower your body fat. The more body fat you have, the higher your levels of estrogen will be. As estrogen levels rise, testosterone levels will show a corresponding drop. To increase testosterone without medication, you should address this issue through a reasonable weight loss program.
- Eat enough. While you want to lose body fat, you don't want to make your body think it's starving. If your daily calorie intake falls too far below normal, the body will shut down other processes, such as testosterone production, to save its reserves for vital organs.
- Have sex. Sex increases testosterone levels in the blood. Morning sex seems to be especially effective in this regard. Follow this tip to boost your testosterone levels and start your day off on a good note.
- Increase monounsaturated fat in your diet. Monounsaturated fat appears to increase testosterone levels. This is the type of fat typically found in nuts. Since you don't want to drastically increase your fat consumption, take care to replace other high-fat foods with those high in monounsaturated fat, instead of simply adding more fat to your diet.
- Limit alcohol consumption. Drinking more than three alcoholic beverages daily will cause testosterone levels to fall appreciably due to effects on the endocrine system.
- Get a good night's sleep. Aim for at least six hours of sleep every night. Lack of sleep lowers testosterone levels and getting enough shut eye is an easy step to take to increase testosterone without medication.
- Eat your vegetables. Specifically, focus on cruciferous vegetables which reduce estrogen levels in the body. This estrogen drop will naturally increase testosterone without medication.
- Reduce your stress. Too much stress affects all body systems negatively. Stressful situations and long-term stress cause the body to release cortisol which inhibits the production of testosterone.
- Exercise regularly. Include strength training in your weekly exercise routine to increase testosterone without medication. Exercises working the large muscle groups appear to work best for increasing testosterone levels in the blood.
- Don't overdo the exercise. Too much exercise can cause over-training, in which the body is stressed, fatigued and more prone to injury. An over-trained body also produces less testosterone. So in this case, more isn't better.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.