If you connect to a wireless network, it is a good idea to learn how to increase a wireless internet signal. This is useful whether you are setting up your own network, or connect to one at work or elsewhere. If you have access to the router and are able to reposition it, this can allow for the greatest effects. Follow these steps to increase wireless internet signal.
What you will need
- Wireless router
- Computer or device with wireless network card
- Begin by assessing the environment in which the wireless network is to be used. This applies to when you are working with a network that you can modify, such as a home network. This is useful in positioning the wireless router or access point. You want to find a place that is near the center of the area that the wireless signal will be used, as well as a fairly elevated position.
- If you need to extend the range of a wireless network, consider using a wireless network extender. These are devices that pick up the signal from a wireless access point and amplify it to an area further away from the source.
- If you are in a public network area, there is less you can do to improve the signal. First try finding out where the wireless access point is and moving closer to it if this is an option.
- Purchase an external antenna for a wireless router to increase its range. There are different types that can be used for transmitting directionally, as well as omnidirectionally as normal.
- You can buy a wireless network card if you are using a computer to connect to the internet wirelessly with an external antenna. This can often increase signal strength with better reception.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.