If you connect to a wireless network, it is a good idea to learn how to increase a wireless internet signal. This is useful whether you are setting up your own network, or connect to one at work or elsewhere. If you have access to the router and are able to reposition it, this can allow for the greatest effects. Follow these steps to increase wireless internet signal.
What you will need
- Wireless router
- Computer or device with wireless network card
- Begin by assessing the environment in which the wireless network is to be used. This applies to when you are working with a network that you can modify, such as a home network. This is useful in positioning the wireless router or access point. You want to find a place that is near the center of the area that the wireless signal will be used, as well as a fairly elevated position.
- If you need to extend the range of a wireless network, consider using a wireless network extender. These are devices that pick up the signal from a wireless access point and amplify it to an area further away from the source.
- If you are in a public network area, there is less you can do to improve the signal. First try finding out where the wireless access point is and moving closer to it if this is an option.
- Purchase an external antenna for a wireless router to increase its range. There are different types that can be used for transmitting directionally, as well as omnidirectionally as normal.
- You can buy a wireless network card if you are using a computer to connect to the internet wirelessly with an external antenna. This can often increase signal strength with better reception.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?