How To Indian Summer Cocktail Apple Juice
Warm autumn weather and barrels full of colorful and juicy apples bring a little Indian summer home by enticing you to learn how to make an Indian Summer Cocktail Apple Juice. It’s the perfect blend of apples, alcohol, and schnapps, sure to please even the most discerning cocktail lover. It’s also very easy to make, so even the most inexperienced novice bartender should be able to handle this autumn favorite.
- Bacardi Big Apple Rum
- Melon Liqueur (Midori’s best, but any melon flavored liqueur will do in a pinch.)
- Pineapple juice
- Orange juice
- Dekuyper Pucker Island Blue Schnapps
- An apple (Granny Smiths preferably, but any tart apple will suffice.)
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini glass (chilled)
- First, put your martini glasses in the freezer to chill. It should only take a few minutes.
- While the glasses are chilling, add 1 ½ oz. of apple rum, 1 oz. melon liqueur, ½ oz. each pineapple and orange juice, and ice to your cocktail shaker. Shake well. You’ll want the cocktail very well chilled.
- Strain cocktail into your chilled martini glasses. Don’t fill all the way to the rim yet.
- Take the schnapps and pour it carefully down the inside walls of the glass. You want it to puddle at the bottom.
- Garnish with your apple slice. You might want to give the schnapps a minute or two to finish dropping to the bottom of the glass before serving.
For a slightly different taste, substitute pineapple and orange juice with apple juice and white grape juice. The resulting cocktail is lighter in color and much more tart, but an excellent variation.