Once you find out how to infuse olive oil with garlic you will be hooked. Olive oil with garlic adds flavor to bread, pasta, and homemade salad dressing. Dropping a few cloves of garlic in a bottle of olive oil is not a safe way to make infused olive oil. Bacteria can grow on raw garlic. Using the cooking method is a safer method.
To infuse olive oil with garlic, you will need:
- Sealable bottle (1 quart size)
- 4 cups of olive oil
- 6 cloves fresh garlic
- Sterilize the bottle by washing it in a clean dishwasher. Use the heated drying option. You can also use a canning jar with a screw on lid.
- Prepare the garlic. Remove the garlic cloves from the papery husk and rinse. Then dry very well with a paper towel.
- Heat the garlic. Mix the garlic with 1/2 cup of the olive oil in a pan and sauté over medium low heat for 3 to 5 minutes being sure not to burn the garlic or raise the olive oil temperature too much. This will prevent any possibility of bacterial growth.
- Place the garlic in the bottle. Pour the rest of the olive oil (3 1/2 cups) into the bottle up to the top. Seal the bottle.
- Place the olive oil with garlic in the refrigerator for about 10 days. Test the olive oil every couple of days to see how much garlic flavor it has.
- Strain the garlic solids out of the oil. Pour the oil over cheese cloth or mesh strainer to remove the garlic pieces.
- Store the olive oil in a cool dark place or in the refrigerator. It should keep at least a month. Discard the olive oil if you see any signs of mold or an off odor.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.