You might wonder why you'd like to learn how to infuse vodka with bacon but, if you've ever had a Bloody Mary made with bacon infused vodka, you'd be sold on the idea. You won't find a large following for infused vodka with bacon so it's not on the shelf of your local liquor store, but you can easily mix up a batch and, in three short weeks, you can be sipping on your own bacon flavored Bloody Mary.
To make infused vodka with bacon, you will need:
- A glass jar with a tight fitting lid, such as a mason jar
- Four strips of thick cut bacon
- A pint of good quality vodka. Get a triple distilled vodka for the best flavor.
- Peppercorns (optional)
1. Clean the mason jar of any residue. Running it through a dishwasher on the hottest setting is a great idea.
2. Fry up the four strips of bacon until it's very crispy. Place on two or three paper towels and blot any visible bacon fat.
3. Add bacon to the mason jar and fill with the good quality vodka.
4. Add in one teaspoonful of whole peppercorns for an extra kick to the vodka.
5. Place jar in a dark, cool spot, such as the inside of a pantry and leave undisturbed for three to four weeks.
6. Once the mason jar has rested for the requisite time, place in a freezer so that the residual fat will congeal at the top of the jar.
7. Once a film has formed on the top of the vodka, use a spoon to remove the bacon fat.
8. Use your infused vodka with bacon as a base for a delicious Bloody Mary.
- Make more infused vodka with bacon than you think you might need. The stuff is delicious in any savory cocktail so it will disappear.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …