Once you learn how to infuse vodka with blueberries you will be able to make flavored vodka with many different flavors. The process to infuse vodka with blueberries is simple but you will have to have some patience to taste the finished vodka with blueberries.
To infuse vodka with blueberries, you will need:
- Large jar or empty vodka bottle
- Lemon juice
- Cheese cloth or coffee filters
- Sterilize the jar you will be using to infuse vodka with blueberries. Run it through the dishwasher cycle and using the heat drying setting.
- Wash the blueberries. Using organic blueberries are best since they will be concentrated in the vodka with blueberries. Rinse in a colander under cool water and gently pat dry.
- Add lemon juice. Just a teaspoon of lemon juice will brighten up the blueberry flavor but you won’t be able to taste it in the vodka with blueberries.
- Mash the blueberries. You only want to squeeze them enough to break the skin so the flavor will fuse with the vodka. Then put the blueberries in the jar or bottle.
- Fill the bottle or jar with the vodka. Now screw on the top of the vodka bottle. Although now you technically have vodka with blueberries you will need to let it steep for a month.
- Place the vodka with blueberries in a cool dark place. Be sure to swish the blueberry mixture around every other.
- Pour the vodka with blueberries out of the jar. Strain it through cheese cloth or even coffee filters to remove the solids. Now let it age for two to four additional weeks to make it even smoother.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.