Learn how to infuse vodka with candy to create the most delicious addition to any party or get-together. Vodka can be infused with just about anything, from fruit to herbs to vegetables. Even hot peppers are often used to flavor vodka. Candy is another way to flavor your liquor. It is easy to do and the results are tasty. Learn how to infuse vodka with candy today so that you are prepared when the opportunity to use it presents itself.
To infuse vodka with candy, you will need:
- Large container with air tight lid
- Coffee filters
- Choose wisely. The vodka you choose to infuse should be the best that you can afford. If you buy a cheap brand the flavor of the vodka will overpower the candy. If you choose a top shelf brand, the candy you use to infuse it will really shine through. This is a very important step in learning how to infuse vodka with candy.
- Sugar and spice. There are many choices when it comes to how to infuse vodka with candy. Use Skittles or Jolly Ranchers for a fruity flavor. Go for Red Hots for a spicy twist. Regardless of your choice, use one cup of candy per six ounces of vodka, and put the desired amount of candy in the bottom of your container.
- Pour it. The next step in learning how to infuse vodka with candy, is to pour your vodka into the container. An empty soda bottle works well for this project because of its ability to be sealed. Depending on the candy that you use, you may notice your vodka changing color. Seal your bottle tight.
- Shake it up. Shake your bottle well. Do this on occasion to help speed up the process.
- Let it stand. Your candy can take anywhere from 24 hours to one week to completely dissolve. It truly depends on the type of candy you use. Hard candy will take longer than other types.
- Filter and fill. Once the candy dissolves, there may be some residue left behind. Use a funnel lined in a few coffee filters to strain any candy bits out of your container as you pour it back into your vodka bottle.
- Chill out. Chill your new bottle of vodka in the freezer. For best results, let it chill overnight.
- Serve. Serve your candy concoction to all of your friends at your next party or social gathering. It can be served on the rocks, in a shot or mixed with soda. Regardless of how it is taken, the alcohol won't be tasted.
- Warning. Because this is highly infused vodka, be aware that the taste is deceiving. You are drinking straight vodka and will feel the effects quickly if it isn't mixed with another beverage. You should be of the legal age when consuming any type of alcohol. Do not drink and drive.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …