How To Infuse Vodka With Ginger
How to infuse vodka with ginger is actually a very simple process and spices up the flavor of vodka.
- 1 fresh ginger root
- 1 bottle unflavored vodka
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- Peel Ginger. Take the ginger root and peel it with the knife, and cut off the ends.
- Slice and Shred Ginger. Use the knife to thinly slice the ginger, and then cut the slices up into even smaller shreds.
- Open Vodka Bottle. Twist the top to open the bottle of vodka to prepare it for infusion.
- Insert Ginger. Measure one teaspoon of ginger. Place funnel over the top of the bottle mouth, and put the ginger into the funnel.
- Close Vodka Bottle. Twist the cap back on the bottle.
- Wait. Wait one or two days for the ginger to fully infuse.
- Drink. Go ahead and leave the ginger in the bottom of the bottle-it only adds to the flavor. Serve it on the rocks for a stronger drink, or mix it with ginger ale for a weaker drink.
An alternative to this method is to follow all the steps above, and then when the ginger is fully infused, you can strain the ginger out. The way you would do this is to take a large pitcher, and place a coffee filter into the funnel. Then, you would pour the vodka through the coffee filter until all the liquid has run through into the pitcher. The pieces of ginger will remain in the coffee filter and then, you can just throw them away.