How To Infuse Vodka In Watermelon
Liven up any party or barbecue by learning how to infuse vodka in watermelon. Infusing vodka in watermelon is like creating a juicy cocktail you can eat. Vodka infused chilled watermelon wedges make a uniquely refreshing dessert.
To infuse vodka in watermelon, you will need:
- Sharp knife
- Dish towel
- Prepare the watermelon. Rinse off the outside of the water melon with clear water. Fold a dish towel lengthwise and roll each end of the towel toward the center. Place the watermelon on a folded dish towel to keep it from rolling around. Cut a hole, the same size as the cap of the vodka bottle, into the middle of the watermelon.
- Spoon out the watermelon. Use a small spoon to scoop out as much watermelon as possible without making the hole larger.
- Infuse the watermelon. Open a bottle of vodka. Tilt the hole in the watermelon toward you slightly. Start pouring vodka into the hole from a very close distance, then roll the watermelon back to its original position with the hole on top and tilt the vodka bottle until the mouth of the bottle is inserted into the watermelon hole and the bottle is vertical.
- Infuse the vodka in watermelon for 24 hours. The vodka will be absorbed into the watermelon. If there is vodka left over in the bottle after 24 hours, use it to pour over the watermelon wedges after cutting the watermelon.
- Cut the watermelon. Do not cut the watermelon in half because you will lose a lot of the vodka. Cut wedges lengthwise starting from the top of the watermelon one at a time and serve.
Tips/Warnings: Watermelon infused with vodka is even better if you chill the watermelon before cutting and serving. vodka infused watermelon can be chilled in the refrigerator or by packing it in ice. If you are not good at eyeballing, place the cap of the vodka bottle on the watermelon where the hole will be cut and trace around the cap with a sharpie.