Do you need to know how to input cheats for KOTOR 2 on Vista?The "Star Wars" game "Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords" is the sequel to one of the best video games of all time and goes into what may have happened to the Jedi Knight turned Sith Lord after the events of the original game. For owners of the PC version, there are several types of modifications, addons, and cheats for the game that help with the sadly unfinished story line of the game. Windows Vista users may have some issues in getting the cheats to work due to the heightened security that Microsoft coded in to their operating system. However, knowing how to input cheats for KOTOR 2 on Vista only takes a few moments.
- First, make sure that you have administrative access to your computer. For users of shared computers, you will need to have the main account holder either give you administrative privileges or make the changes themselves.
- Go to your C drive and click on "Program Files." Within this folder, find the SWKOTOR2 folder and then right click on it. You will get several options, with one at the bottom that states "run in compatibility mode." This allows for programs that ran on earlier versions of Windows Vista. If you're the admin of the computer, right click on the folder and choose the option to "run as administrator" if you start to run into problems.
- Open the KOTOR 2 folder and look for a text file known as the swkotor.ini file. Right click on the file and make a copy of it. This is to ensure that if anything goes wrong you will still have the current settings from your game. Paste this file in an alternate location, but remember where you put it, so that you will be able to copy and paste it back.
- Open the text file and find Game Options.
- In Game Options, look for Enable Cheats and change the entry from 0 to 1. This will enable cheats for your game. Close the file and the folder.
- Begin KOTOR 2, either continuing your game or starting another. While in game, press the "`"key to enable the textbox to enter cheats. Be aware that the cheat box is invisible, so you will not see it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!