Being able to install a basketball pole correctly is critical to the proper functioning of the device. If you do it wrong, next time your fat friend is hanging from the rim you won't have a place to play anymore.
- Basketball pole
- Dig a hole. Your hoop will come with instructions about how deep it should be. Dig it a few inches deeper than it should be and then line the bottom with gravel, bringing the height of the bottom to the depth that you want.
- Put the pole into the hole. Some poles come in multiple pieces. If this is the case, then only put the bottom section into the hole. Place the level on top of the pole and make sure that it is level. If you cannot reach the top, then use the sides of the pole to make sure that it is level.
- Mix up the concrete. It should be about the consistency of oatmeal when it is ready to pour.
- Pour the concrete into the hole. Be careful not to move the pole out of place. When all of the concrete is poured, make sure the pole is level. If it isn't, well, now is the time to take care of that.
- Let set until dry. Don't mess with it at all while it is drying. Yes, you can put your initials in it if you want. Great job, big guy.
- Assemble the rest of the hoop. Read the instructions. Don't embarrass yourself with a faulty basketball hoop.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.