How To Install Blackberry Themes
Learning how to install BlackBerry themes on your smartphone is very simple. There are a variety of websites where you can purchase BlackBerry themes. There are also many sites that offer BlackBerry themes for free. Since installation involves downloading these themes to your computer first, make sure to check the creditability of the site before downloading. It is also a good idea to scan the file with your antivirus software after downloading.
What you will need to install BlackBerry themes:
- A BlackBerry theme file that you have downloaded
- A computer with internet connection
- Your BlackBerry
- The connecting cord for your computer
- Extract the file and save it to your computer. Most BlackBerry theme files come in the form of zip files. You will need to extract this file after downloading it. Make sure you save the file to a place you will remember in your computer. Creating a special folder for BlackBerry themes might be helpful.
- Connect your BlackBerry. Make sure your computer has recognized that a device has been connected. Depending on your operating system, this might take a minute.
- Launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Depending on your settings and your operating system, this might happen automatically.
- From the Main Menu select "Application Loader." You will be taken to a new menu screen.
- Go to the "Add/Remove Applications" section. Click the "Start" button.
- Browse for your file. To do this, click the "Browse" button that will be below the Device Application list. Then navigate to where you have this file saved and open the file.
- BlackBerry Desktop Manager will now run a check for the file. Afterward, the file will be listed in the Device Application list. Check the box for installation and click the "Next" button.
- A summary screen will come up. Make sure this screen has the theme you want listed as the software to be installed. Click the "Finish" button.
- Your theme will now load. Once the theme is loaded onto your BlackBerry, you can disconnect it from your computer.
- In the Options section of your BlackBerry, go to "Themes." For the menu, select your newly installed theme. You can now exit the Options section and your new theme will be running.