Need to know how to install car stereos? Installing a car stereo is a project that car lovers and others should be able to do themselves. The main thing to remember is to buy a new stereo that will fit in your car, as different cars have different sized stereo areas. Follow these steps to learn about how to install car stereos. These steps will work for installing other stereos in different vehicles generally too.
What you will need:
- Wire cutters
- Wire strippers
To install car stereos:
- When you are buying a stereo, make sure that it will fit your car. Another good idea is to buy a wiring harness. This will simplify the wiring process during installation.
- Disconnect the negative connection from your car to the car battery. This will prevent damage to your car electronics and personal injury while you are working.
- Remove the dash panels that surround the center console housing the existing car stereo. You may need to consult the manual for your car if you have trouble figuring out how to remove these panels, because they are different in almost every vehicle.
- Disconnect the existing stereo. Make sure to keep track of the wires and their locations for later when they will need to be attached to the new stereo.
- Make the wiring connections to the new stereo. Install the wiring harness to the wires, or connect them manually if you do not have one.
- Reattach the dash panels surrounding the stereo. Reattach the negative power connection to the car battery to your car as well. Test the new stereo and enjoy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Social-Media Problems Ello Solves
From privacy to nudity—why the Anti-Facebook's time has come.
Beer Brain: Sam Adams’ Kosmic Mother Funk
This private-reserve beer drinks like a fine port or brandy.