Learning how to install a CB radio is as easy as installing a new radio in your vehicle. With some guidance, patience and the right tools you should be effectively using your Citizen Band (CB) radio in no time. Many people have turned to CB radios for instant contact while traveling, instead of using cell phones and worrying about having a signal.
To install a CB radio you will need:
- CB Radio
- Radio Bracket
- Electric Drill
- Automotive Grade Electric Cable (in both Red and Black)
- Wire Connectors
- Electrical Insulation Tape
- 50 OHM Coaxial Cable
- Select locations for the CB radio, microphone and speaker. Make sure the area selected is not one that will interfere with use of other devices in your vehicle.
- Secure the brackets for the radio. You will need to secure the brackets for the microphone in an accessible area.
- Locate the two connections on the back of the radio. One will be the power connection and the other will be the aerial connection. Refer to your manual if you need additional guidance.
- Using the red automotive grade electric cable, connect the positive connection to the battery of the vehicle. You will notice a plastic tube that contains a fuse. Check to make sure fuse is installed and not broken. If there is no fuse, install one.
- Using the black automotive grade electric cable connect to the negative connection. You will need to ground this wire to something metal attached to the body of the car.
- Aerial connection. Using the 50 OHM coaxial cable, measure the length needed (usually eighteen feet) and run this cable from the aerial connecter on the CB radio to the location you plan to place the aerial.
- Connect the aerial using the mount provided.
It’s important to make sure your ground wire is properly attached. Double check all your connections and make sure they secure. Then test out your new CB radio.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."