Learning how to install coilovers in a Nissan Altima can be beneficial if you are attempting to turn your Altima into a performance vehicle. Coilovers are a great way to improve the handling of your Nissan Altima, as well as improve the suspension of the vehicle. Use these instructions to help you install coilovers in your Nissan Altima.
To install coilovers in a Nissan Altima, you will need:
- Measuring tape
- A pen and paper
- A car jack
- Jack stands
- A wrench
- Nissan Altima coilover springs
Measure the current wheel clearance of your Nissan Altima. Use a tape measure and measure the distance from the top of the wheel to the wheel well. Write this information down.
- Determine how much lower you want the vehicle. Write this information down.
- Jack the Altima up and put jack stands behind the front or rear wheels (depending on which coilovers you want to change first). Never jack your Nissan Altima up on unlevel ground. This is dangerous and can lead to serious injury or death. Loosen the lug nuts and remove the wheels.
- Locate the old shock absorbers. Remove the bolts securing the bottom of the shock absorbers using a wrench.
- Remove the bolts securing the top of the shock absorbers. Note that the bolts are located at the top of the strut assembly, under the hood, for the front assembly. The bolts are located over the wheel well, under the trunk lining, for the rear assembly. Have someone help you by supporting the old shock assembly while you are removing the bolts. Remove the old shock assembly and dispose of it.
- Assemble the coilover that you are installing and adjust it based on the desired height of the Nissan Altima. Install the new coilover by reversing the shock assembly removal instructions.
- Install the wheels and lower the Altima. Measure the new distance from the top of the tire to the wheel well. Raise the car back up to adjust the coilovers to the desired height if they are not correct.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …